Popular publications, studies, and reports from the National Climate Archive library are now available for download as electronic files.
- Principal Station Data (PSD): 1983 - A series of publications for principal climate stations across Canada providing a summary of hourly weather observations, climate normals and extremes.
- Rainfall Frequency Atlas for Canada: 1985 - A compilation of Canadian rainfall frequency maps, this publication has compiled data using extreme value analysis and other statistical analyses from a total of 504 recording precipitation gauges with at least 7 years of record.
- Climatic Atlas: 1988 - based on the 1951-1980 Climate Normals, the Climatic Atlas provides a series of over 400 national maps portraying Canada's climate within five volumes:
- Volume 1 FTP Download - zip file - Temperature & Degree Days
- Volume 2 FTP Download - zip file - Precipitation
- Volume 3 (Part A FTP Download - zip file and Part BFTP Download - zip file) - Pressure, Humidity, Cloud, Visibility, and days with... Thunderstorms, Hail, Smoke/Haze, Fog, Freezing Precipitation, Blowing Snow, Frost, Snow on the Ground
- Volume 4 FTP Download - zip file - Bright Sunshine & Solar Radiation
- Volume 5 FTP Download - zip file - Wind
- Wind Energy Resource Maps of Canada (ARD report 92-003): 1992 - A publication containing maps and tables, the ARD report 92-003 provides information such as wind energy frequency distributions, annual and monthly mean values, frequency and duration episodes, and low & high wind energy potential for 144 Canadian locations.
- The Environment Canada publication "The Climates of Canada"FTP Download - zip file (1990), by David Phillips, provides a general description of the diversity of Canada's climates and explanations as to why such diversity exists.
- Date modified: