Popular publications, studies, and reports from the National Climate Archive library are now available for download as electronic files.
Principal Station Data (PSD)FTP download: 1983 - A series of
publications for principal climate stations across Canada providing a summary of hourly weather observations, climate normals
Rainfall Frequency Atlas for CanadaFTP download: 1985 - A
compilation of Canadian rainfall frequency maps, this publication has compiled data using extreme value analysis and other
statistical analyses from a total of 504 recording precipitation gauges with at least 7 years of record.
Climatic AtlasFTP download: 1988 - based on the 1951-1980
Climate Normals, the Climatic Atlas provides a series of over 400 national maps portraying Canada's climate within five
- Volume 1FTP Download - zip file - Temperature & Degree Days
- Volume 2FTP download - zip file - Precipitation
- Volume 3 (Part AFTP download - zip file and Part BFTP download - zip file ) - Pressure, Humidity, Cloud, Visibility, and days with... Thunderstorms, Hail, Smoke/Haze, Fog, Freezing Precipitation, Blowing Snow, Frost, Snow on the Ground
- Volume 4FTP download - zip file - Bright Sunshine & Solar Radiation
- Volume 5FTP download - zip file - Wind
- The Environment Canada publication "The Climates of Canada"FTP download - zip file by David Phillips provides a general description of the diversity of Canada's climates and explanations as to why such diversity exists.
- Date modified: